Let's talk about some basic fall/winter skin tips.
- Get a humidifier. If you find that your skin gets rough, your lips get chapped, your hair gets static-charged, and your legs look like Ashy Larry, you would definitely benefit from a humidifier. If you are a Luddite, you can always put a big pot of water on the stove and simmer it for an hour or two. You could even add a drop of your favorite essential oil or some dried lavender flowers to make it smell yummy.
- Oil is your friend. One Love Organics makes a wonderful oil serum, Love Springs Eternal. A drop mixed in to your moisturizer super charges it, and a drop on damp hair makes it shiny & tamed.
- Eat the rainbow. No, not Skittles. Aim for orange squash and carrots, green brussels sprouts and broccoli rabe, purple beets and cabbage. Get your phytonutrients this winter! Almost anything can be sprinkled with olive oil, salt, and pepper and then roasted in the oven to delicious effect (or juiced). Your skin will thank you for it.
- Take Vitamin D. This one is my favorite. Trust me, you will need it. Another thing that makes the winter feel better? LED phototherapy. It's like a nice power nap on a tropical beach. A beach that makes your skin look & feel amazing.
- Make this recipe for refrigerator oatmeal. If you don't do dairy, sub with your favorite faux milk/yogurt.
- It's time for a facial. When the seasons change so dramatically, our skin could use a point in the right direction. Schedule a re:fine if you like microdermabrasion, or a re:hydrate if you need extra moisture.
Click here to browse the Rhonda Allison peels. Time for that series! See you soon, and happy September :)